Jesus of Nazareth
• Place of birth: Bethlehem or Nazareth in Galilee. He grew up in Nazareth.
• Year of birth: not after 4 BC, if Jesus was born under
King Herod (27–4 BC).
• First public appearance: in the 15th year of Emperor Tiberius (27/28 or 28/29 AD), when he was baptized by John the Baptist.
• Public life: as a wandering preacher and teacher in the region between Capernaum on
the Sea of Galilee and Jerusalem – perhaps only
a few months, at best no more than three years, during which time he gathered
around himself a circle of disciples.
• Year of death: He was crucified at the age of 34, most probably in 30 AD, under Pontius Pilatus (26–30). The exact date cannot be determined.